- In a sauté pan on medium heat, melt the vegan butter and add the onion, stirring and cooking until the onions just start to brown. Remove from heat and place mixture into a large bowl.
- Add bread cubes to the bowl, along with your nut or soy milk, flax egg, sea salt, black pepper, oregano, parsley, and mozzarella. Mix all ingredients well until a dough starts to form. If the dough is too dry, add more almond or soy milk, 2 Tablespoons at a time until you are able to form a dough ball.
- Heat your sauté pan back to medium heat, then add a little more vegan butter. Let it melt.
- Form dough balls and flatten them into medallions.
- Place the dough balls in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides, adding more vegan butter if needed.
Serve warm! Pair with a bright, young, aromatic white wine, such as the Alois Lageder AM Sand Gewürztraminer.