by Katie Mae, PlantzSt.com
- 2 medium-sized cooked sweet potatoes, mashed (any potato works)
- 1½ cups cooked black beans (15-ounce can, partially drained)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt-free seasoning (e.g. Benson’s Table Tasty)
- 6 purple cabbage cups (OR romaine leaves)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1–2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Set freshly cooked and mashed sweet potatoes aside. If the sweet potatoes were cooked previously and are cool, then warm them up on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the black beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt-free seasoning. Heat the beans for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the tacos: First spread a layer of sweet potatoes, about ¼ cup across the center of a cabbage cup or romaine leaf. Add about ¼ cup of the black beans over the sweet potatoes. Top with diced tomatoes, avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
If you want the cabbage cups to be a little bit softer and warmer, layer the sweet potato into the cabbage cups and microwave for just 30 seconds. Then continue filling the cups with the other toppings.
Stores 6 days in fridge (unassembled)